Tuesday 9 April 2013

Mac Haul


“The most beautiful makeup of a woman is passion. But cosmetics are easier to buy." - Yves Saint Laurent




Hello readers, yet again I've been at another Mac stand! Lord help me get though this addiction. Although on this event I was not the one paying, great thanks to my amazing other half for treating me that day.

So to start off with I have been dying to get my hands on some Mac Studio Fix Fluid foundation, and finally got round to being colour matched. For those of you who are Interested I am the lightest shade Mac do which is NC15 almost like a porcelain doll I am! I've heard so much about this foundation and thought hey ho, why not give it a shot. I've used it a couple of times now and really like the matte coverage, it's quite different from the normal every day dewy skin type of looks I go for, but I think it feels quite fresh and different. Overall, really like this foundation especially because its spf15 and the shade is the exact match!
For those of you who don't know this product retails from around £20.50 and if its your first time then you will probably want the pump too which is round £3.

Next thing my darling other half bought me was a eye kohl in the shade Teddy, now I have again wanted this for a while and it has been sitting and waiting rather patiently on my wish list along with the shade Coffee. Unsure which one too get I took the plunge and went for the sparkly bronze colour 'Teddy' I'm quite glad I did actually as I prefer some sparkle around my eyes, and could easily pick up a drugstore brown eyeliner for a fraction of the price. This one retails for around £14 and is definitely worth every penny, well to me it is.

Last but not least (couldn't be too greedy and had to let him spend his money on manly things) I chose an eye shadow called Star Violet. I hadn't actually seen this shade before and intentionally went in to purchase Cranberry but this little baby was sitting side by side on the stand with it, and made my mouth fling open. I love purple, I love pink toned purple, I love sparkle, I love iridescent glitter and I love this eyeshadow. It is basically me summed up in a shadow, it's the most gorgeous colour to create a purple toned smokey eye, and looks great blended in with naked lunch. I have worn this pretty much every day since I got it and I am wildly obsessed if you can't tell already. I chose the pan version of this so that I could put it into my palette and not have to mess around depotting and this shadow retails for around £10 out of the pot.

So this was my little Mac haul, and I am we'll and safely on a no spending April from now on!

What's your guilty pleasure? Something you can't live without doing? Let me know in the comments section and don't forget once I hit 100 followers there will of course be a Mac giveaway.

Lots of love
Sophie
xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment