Thursday 27 June 2013

Demi Lovato Heart Attack (music video) inspired look

Hello blogging friends, some of you might be aware of my fascination with Demi Lovato. I really enjoy her music, her films and just the whole personality of her so on her new video I decided to try and recreate the stand out black eyes and the nude lips.



So here goes...

To start off I used benefits porefessionals to prime my skin, this is new to me and I only have the tester size at the moment, but I really like the texture and the general feel of this primer on my face. I waited for that to sink in for a couple of minutes and then went on to use my Rimmel Wake Me Up foundation in the shade ivory to try and recreate the dewy glowy skin that Demi has in the picture. I applied this foundation with my real techniques expert face brush, and then powdered the top of my forehead and the front of my nose with the Rimmel Stay Matte powder in the shade translucent.

On to the eyes...

The eyes are the main focus on Demi's statement look and I took gunmetal from the naked palette and covered the lid of my eye, making sure the eyeshadow was pretty dark, I then started to blend at e edges to create the black flick I used creep from the naked palette mixed with the noir from the sleek Oh so special palette! I love these two mixed together, I kept on adding more of the noir to get the thick dark look, and blended each time using my mac 217 to get rid of any harsh lines around my eyes. I then lined my upper lash line with Topshop Khol liner in black, and applied the same eyeliner to my bottom lashes, smudging the bottom liner with a real techniques crease brush. I then used the accent brush to apply the colour gunmetal under my eye, and again blended this out with a Mac 217.
For my lashes, I first curled my lashes then applied a layer of the Benefit They're real mascara, waited for that to dry and then applied a pair of false eyelashes, the eyelashes are red cherry lashes, but I can't remember which ones, as silly me lost the packet.




That was it eyes done, although I was left with quite a bit of shadow fall down under my eyes, from the heavy dark colours so I then wiped that away with a cotton pad and applied some more foundation making sure I stayed away from the under eye area. Once the foundation was reapplied I then took my Collection lasting perfection concealer in the shade light 2 and applied this to any blemishes such as on my chin or under my eye area. After this had been blended I then applied my nars Laguna bronzer to my cheeks using the real techniques contour blush, and blending it out to give a subtle glow. I then applied my Benefit Sun Beam highlighter under my brow bones and on the tops of my cheeks, leaving my eyebrows to be filled in using Mac Mystery eyeshadow and a Rimmel dark brown eyebrow pencil to create Demi's striking brows.
Once they were filled In I set them using the MUA clear brow gel and powdered my face using the Mac MSF in natural.

Onto the lips, I decided to keep them nude and used Mac Passion Blossom, which i believe has been discontinued, but i love it for a subtle glossy finish.

Any looks you'd like me to try?


No comments:

Post a Comment