Tuesday 2 July 2013

Smokey, sexy & sultry evening makeup

Hiya beauty enthusiasts!

I know I've been doing a lot of these type of posts lately but I enjoy trying different makeup styles and looks, and I enjoy sharing them with you. So recently I went on a night out for a friends birthday and we went to the posher side of Manchester, meaning we had to dress and look more sophisticated than normal so here's the makeup I wore.

Links to all products will be left below, please leave me any comments regarding any styles or looks you would like me to try.


Before 

After
 To start off with I used Benefit Porefessional to prime my face, prior to applying any makeup. I waited for this to sink in for about 1-2 minutes and then went on to apply my foundation, I chose to wear the Bourjois 123 Perfect Foundation in the shade 51 Vanilla, and applied this using the real techniques buffing brush. I then powdered my face using Rimmel's Stay Matte translucent powder, to my problem (oily) areas of my face.

On to the brows, I used the MUA Pro Brow Palette, and took the darkest shade on my real techniques brow brush, filling in the sparse areas of my brows. I then moved onto my eyes, and used my Urban Decay Naked 2 Palette to create this subtle smokey look.

I first applied my base colour (tease) all over the lid using a real techniques base shadow brush, and then took a darker colour (busted) on the outer corners of my lids blending with a Mac 217 towards the inner corner, I applied this colour a couple of times and blended until i reached my desired darkness of the shade. The last colour I took was Half Baked and applied a small amount to the inner corner of my eyes, and blended towards the outer, creating a more subtle shimmer shade. The Mascara I used was L'Oreal Volume Million Lashes Excess Mascara, I applied 1 coat, waited for it to dry and then applied my Eylure Falsh Eyelashes number 101, with a pair of tweezers to my upper lash line.




These are my favourite eyelashes ever, and it was an even better purchase as I got a pair free!!


After applying the lashes, I found a small gap between my inner corner and the start of the false lashes, so used a little bit of Maybelline Eye Studio Lasting Drama Gel Eyeliner just to fill in the missing gap. I then applied another coat of my mascara to my bottom lashes, and took the darker colour from the naked palette the one i used earlier to blend under my eyes.

On to the cheeks, I took my all time favourite Benefit Sun Beam and highlighted the tops of my cheeks and my brow bone, and then took Mac Matte Bronze to contour my cheeks, using the Real Techniques Contour brush.

On the Lips i opted for a simple nude and used Rimmel Stay Glossy Lip Gloss in the shade My Eternity.

This was everything I used to create this look, if you have any questions then leave me a comment below :)
Heres the links to all the items mentioned in this post:

Benefit Porefessional
Benefit Sun Beam
Bourjois 123 Perfect Foundation
Eylure 101
L'Oreal Volume Million Mascara
Mac Matte Bronze
Mac 217 Blending Brush
Maybelline Eye Studio Lasting Gel Eyeliner
Naked 2 Palette
Rimmel Stay Glossy 
Rimmel Stay Matte Powder
Real Technique Brushes

If any of you wanted to see what I wore, then heres a photo;






No comments:

Post a Comment