Thursday 25 July 2013

Summer Makeup Bag Essentials

Hey guys,



So here in the UK for the past 2 weeks it has actually felt like summer, the weathers been unbelievably boiling, people are out in shorts, tank tops and no jackets, there's been no rain, hardly and clouds and lots of sweaty people out and about.

Now, i'm rather used to wearing a full face of make-up to cover up most of my skin, and this doesn't seem to be a problem for me when its cold (like it normally is here 24/7) however, It has simply been too hot to layer it on.

I thought I would show you guys what have been the 8 staple pieces to my summer makeup, products I have worn everyday for the past 10+ days without fail, and have felt summery and fitted in with the crowd so here goes.




1. Urban Decay Naked 2 Palette - I picked this up about a month ago when I was shopping in duty free, and I have wore colours from this palette almost every day. This is the ultimate nude palette, I would recommend this palette to every man and his dog, I rave about it all the time to my friends, and find that you can create any look using the shades in this palette.

My go to shades to create a simple summer look are; Bootycall, Half Baked, YDK and Tease

2. Balance Me Moisture-Rich Face Cream - I received this sample in the August Glamour magazine 2013 and thought why not include it into my face routine. I switch my moisturiser up all the time, and don't believe i've found one i can stick too. This one is still being tried, but so far i don't think I've had any major problems just a couple break outs on my chin, but this happens when all products are changed.

3.Benefit - Sun Beam; This is my all time favourite highlighter, and I use this in the summer to highlight my brow bones and the tops of my cheeks. The finish is rather shimmery but looks as though its a natural sunlight highlight. I love this!

4.L'oreal Rouge Caresse Lipstick - Shade: Fuschia 202 - This is my summer statement lipstick, I wore this every night on holiday, and have found myself wearing it almost every day at home. You can build up the colour on this lipstick to a very bold in your face bright pink or wear it sheer and just a wash of colour on your lips. Thumbs up to L'oreal, I really like this formula.

5. Rimmel Lash Accelerator Endless - I change my mascara all the time, and have found myself loving the finish of this one. The flex's in the mascara help to make my lashes look longer and fuller, something i look for in a mascara all the time. My eyelashes are quite long but I like to make them stand out, and find that this mascara is perfect. My only downside is that i find this formula quite hard to take off my lashes.

6. Rimmel Wake me Up foundation; Shade Ivory - I find this foundation makes my skin look glowy and radiant, definitely how I want my skin to look in the summer. The formula is smooth, and very easy to apply. I find this colour matches my skin perfectly when slightly tanned, and it also contains spf15 which is good to wear in the sunshine, protecting your face.

7. Rimmel Stay Matte Powder; Shade Translucent 001 ; Yet another rimmel product, but what can I say their base products are amazing. This is my favourite powder and it cost under £4, I've tried high end; Laura Mercier, Mac, Chanel, etc... and always find myself going back to this powder for an everyday coverage. It mattifies my face, and doesn't make me look all sweaty, which is great. I reapply this during the day just to touch up my t-zone and oily areas and its great.

8. Mac Bronzing Powder; Shade Matte Bronze - This is another product which I picked up in duty free as my bronzer smashed before my holiday. I like the colour of this bronzer, it's not too dark for my skin, and is great to contour with. I use this every day lightly, and to build it up on a night out. Really recommend this product to all those paler people out there, us secret vampires.


No comments:

Post a Comment