Sunday 22 September 2013

Rimmel Stay Matte Foundation






Hey guys, so your probably thinking why has she bought yet again another foundation, well the truth is I really enjoy testing out foundations and my skin has changed a lot over the past couple of months from oily to dry to normal so im trying to find a foundation that suits all of the above.

I saw an advert on the TV last night from Rimmel with the amazing Georgia Jagger promising that the new stay matte foundation does exactly that and stays matte maintaining shine control. I thought the advert was brilliant constantly repeating no more cake, referring to the cakeiness of normal foundation. Something that every girl despises so I thought why not give it a shot and see what its like.

I managed to pick up one of the lighter shades which is 100 Ivory, second from lightest. I tested this on my skin and found that this was probably the best match I would find as the Porcelain was too light and the True Ivory was a tad dark. I picked mine up from boots, which they also have online here. The foundation retails for £5.99 at the moment which I think is a complete bargain compared to some of my other Rimmel favourites such as the Wake Me Up.

I have tried this foundation a couple of times now and find that the texture (which is a liquid mousse) is a really easy to apply with either my fingers or my trustee real techniques buffing brush. I find that because my skin is quite dry at the moment it is best to apply a primer and a moisturizer before applying this foundation.

The only thing that disappoints me, just like with every rimmel foundation there shades are limited I mean when are the drugstore brands going to open their eyes are realise there are people that are darker than 'Natural Beige' which in this case is the darkest colour this foundation is available in, so sorry to all you darker skinned people Rimmel need a good telling off.



No comments:

Post a Comment