Tuesday 8 October 2013

Makeup Haul!



Hey guys, so its basically my first week back at uni, and already me and my friend Amy whose blog is MakeupEscape decided to take our first shopping spree into town, dare we say we came back with some goodies.

On our travel round town there were 2 particular brands we both wanted products from Mac and Nars. 2 of my all time favourite brands and therefore we dug deep and bit the bullet buying a cult product the pair of us have wanted for a while.

Our first stop was Nars, I have been dying to try one of their blushes for a while I own their cult classic bronzer Laguna and love it and thought that a blush would complete the 'cheek' area. So, bearing in mind im very light skinned I thought I would ask for some advice off one of the shop assistants, She was called Jade and she was lovely, she told me to stick with a neutral peach shade yet something with shimmer and glow to bring my face to life and if you haven't guessed it already she was talking about Nars Orgasm. If you haven't heard of this blush then you have been living under a rock. I was a bit reluctant at first because whenever I have seen it or swatched it, It has always looked too shimmery and a bit too out there but apparently Im quite heavy handed and thats why. When she applied it to my cheeks I instantly fell in love and purchased there and then! Nars Blushes retail for £21.50 and If you haven't seen the blush before then It looks like this...

Nars Orgasam Blush RRP £21.50
Next stop was Mac, The night before I had been ooing and ahhing over Amy's Mac palette, and one gorgeous colour especially that she had Woodwinked. We have both seen this product before because we are huge Tanya Burr fans and Ive seen her apply it numerous of times in videos and heard her say its one of her fave shades and therefore it persuaded me even more. Dare I say I love a good neutral, but this is gorgeous most certainly one of my fave colours!! This shade retails for £12 and is gorgeous...

Mac Woodwinked Eye shadow RRP £12.50
Sticking with Mac we went back and forward back and forward eying up the all so cult classic Mac Mineralized Skin Finish in Soft and Gentle. Once again we have both seen this numerous of times on blogs, videos on youtube and on peoples skin in person but I like to do my research into a product before I commit to buying especially as its £22. Its a lot of money to invest in something that you might not like. The girl once again was really helpful and tried the highlighter on the both of us and I have to say over the top of the Nars Blusher it looked amazing and once again I bought it there and then!

Mac Soft and Gentle RRP £22
On to the last 2 little gems; I was frantically searching around boots for a lipstick by Revlon called Black Cherry. I have seen it on so many people and have always wanted it, but to my look the colour just did not sit right on my very pale skin. However, A member off staff was so helpful and came over and ushered me to her 'secret stand' otherwise known as the new proudct stand were there were 3 lipsticks by Collection known as the Gothic Collection. The shades were perfect, one for every skin tone and dare I mention the price £2.50!! I picked up 2 as the other was more pink toned and not what I was after. The first one is called Scorned and is the darkest lipstick I have ever seen it is a purple colour with brown undertones, and is gorgeous, a bit too much for my typical make up of the day face but one I can see myself wearing on nights out and especially on Halloween. The second lipstick is something I do wear on a daily basis and is called Revenge (shade 2) it is a gorgeous deep dark red colour, very similar to Mac's Diva but without the £15 price tag. This shade is my favourite and considering this collection is Limited Edition I can see I will be going back to purchase another in this shade and maybe the pinky toned shade too.

L: Scorned R: Revenge Both RRP £2.99
Last but not least my flat mate has been using the new L'oreal Skin Perfection Serum from the Youth Code section they have just launched, and her skin has been looking radiant and flawless so I thought I would give it a whirl and pick one up whilst they were on offer in Superdrugs. I think I got this for around £11 but they normally retail for £17 so I consider this to be a bargain.

L'Oreal Skin Perfection Advanced Correcting Serum RRP £17
Have any of you tried any of the products above? If so let me know what your thoughts were.
If you have any questions or want an in depth review then contact me, or staye tuned because there will be seperate reviews coming very soon of each product.


No comments:

Post a Comment